Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
204 Posts
Hi Vickym85 To make the low fodmap diet as easy as possible, concentrate on exchanging items in your previous diet for low fodmap alternatives.For example Doves Farm offer a range of pasta made from rice. There are loads of other low fodmap goodies and recipes on their website.They supply my white [low cereal fibre] spelt flour for breadmaking. [via sainsburys-£1.99 kg]I use this in my breadmaker, on the low gluten setting. The recipe is on the DF website.Spelt flour is very low in gluten, so does not require knocking back and a second proving like normal bread. It is just mixed, allowed to rise, then baked. Takes 2 hr in my bread machine.Good luck.edit added, link to previous fodmap thread discussing bread,http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/topic/146021-fodmap-diet/btw, spelt is great in cakes and biscuits.

· Registered
204 Posts
hi, as far as I know ALL hard cheese is thought to be lactose free, [well, free enough for the low fodmap diet] because the lactose, is contained within the whey, and that is removed during the hard cheese making process. Confusingly, soft cheese made from milk, contains lactose, but some soft cheeses made from cream, are lactose free.An interesting thread.edit added, Similarly, butter made from cream is also considered OK for low fodmap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts