Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love coffee but it upsets my stomach almost every time. So when this new coffee came out that's supposed to be smooth and good on the stomach I had to try it. It still has caffiene which I know can cause problems all on it's own but I have definately noticed a difference on the harshness of it. It really is smooth and doesn't upset my stomach at all. The caffiene still makes me jittery but if you can't live without coffee I think this is the one for IBS-D sufferers. Has anyone else tried this yet??

·
Registered
38 Posts
I saw the commercial and keep checking the store, but no luck so far. I will definately try it. I am very excited about this. When my IBS isn't out of control I go to coffee shops often, but lately that's out of the question, so this may be the thing I need.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know decaff is still %3 caffeinated so it's not %100 safe but I'm going to get decaf next just to find out if it makes a big difference in how I react to it. Wonder if it'll taste any different. Haven't had a lot of experience with decaf.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
quote:Originally posted by jzhopeful:I saw the commercial and keep checking the store, but no luck so far. I will definately try it. I am very excited about this. When my IBS isn't out of control I go to coffee shops often, but lately that's out of the question, so this may be the thing I need.
They didn't have it at the smaller grocery store near our house but I'm sure a larger chain will carry it. Hope it helps!

·
Registered
33,934 Posts
I think I've just seen ads for that recently, so I'm guessing it is a newer product?They often stage the release of new products. They will release it in a few cities or in one or two regions to see how it sells before gearing up manufacturing for nationwide distribution.K.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I saw the comercial for the new coffee, and thought how great it was because I know many ibs people cannot tolerate coffee. As for me, I am ok with it, thank goodness!! However I cannot tolerate decaf-rips my stomach up. I also drink a lot of iced tea. I cannot drink milk or most juice products. Des

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sorry, yes that's the decaf. I have tried the FSS and it is alright. I drank a big mug of it and had no problems. I did this for a few days in a row then... I got too excited and I drank a few mugs in one day - not good. I felt sick to my stomach and had some intestinal problems. I have some trouble with caffine (more so with jitteriness than stomach I think), but I also have problems with coffee in general hurting my stomach. So for me I can drink FSS decaf, but I'm going to have to only drink one mug and not day after day.I guess you will just have to try it. I hope it works fine for you!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.