Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,I have recently found out that there is something wrong with my DNA. I can�t receive and produce folic acid. Is there anyone else here who have the same problem? I know that many FMS patient have deficiency of folic acid and I was wondering if there is a connection between this DNA defect and FMS.I have known that I have a deficiency of folic acid for some time now, but this defect came as a suprise...Hope everyone is doing ok here at the BB and that you have had a wonderful summer. Our computer has been out of order in the summer so I haven�t been able to check in.../Mio

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Mio, has your doctor told you to take a folic acid supplement? I wonder if, if you do, your FMS will start to feel better? I just found out I have an underactive thyroid, and am hoping my CFS gets better when treated. NOt so much that the Underactive thyroid causes the CFS, but that it greatly worsens it. Rather than the CFS causing the underactive thyroid if you see what I mean. Maybe it's the same for you with the folic acid? Maybe it's something that has been around for a long time? ------------------susanIBS D/C type & M.E/CFS

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Susan,yes I have been taking folic acid for a long time now. My doc told me that I was born with deficiency of folic acid and I have to take supplement for the rest of my life. I�m also taking B12 injections now and since I started my B12 and folic acid "treatment" I�m feeling less tired. He also told me that alot of people (me included) who suffers from CFS or/and FMS also have nickel allergy. There has been research done on this and many CFS and FMS patients have been better when they excluded nickel from their diet. I try to think of that when I eat but sometimes it�s a bit difficult. Do you know if you have nickel allergy? /Mio

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.