Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,I have recently found out that there is something wrong with my DNA. I can�t receive and produce folic acid. Is there anyone else here who have the same problem? I know that many FMS patient have deficiency of folic acid and I was wondering if there is a connection between this DNA defect and FMS.I have known that I have a deficiency of folic acid for some time now, but this defect came as a suprise...Hope everyone is doing ok here at the BB and that you have had a wonderful summer. Our computer has been out of order in the summer so I haven�t been able to check in.../Mio

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Susan,yes I have been taking folic acid for a long time now. My doc told me that I was born with deficiency of folic acid and I have to take supplement for the rest of my life. I�m also taking B12 injections now and since I started my B12 and folic acid "treatment" I�m feeling less tired. He also told me that alot of people (me included) who suffers from CFS or/and FMS also have nickel allergy. There has been research done on this and many CFS and FMS patients have been better when they excluded nickel from their diet. I try to think of that when I eat but sometimes it�s a bit difficult. Do you know if you have nickel allergy? /Mio

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.