Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I thought this might help those of you who have suffered from IBS of any kind for years like me! Last week I had food allergy testing done due to my IBS symptoms and I found out I am allergic to foods that I eat everyday!! I am allergic to nuts, garlic (i come from an italian family!!) beans, and mushrooms, with a possible wheat allergy. This might be the cause of some of my IBS symptoms..I recommed this for all!Jessica

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I had it done through an allergist..it was a skin allergy test and only took around 20 minutes for a reaction to occur and for the test to be complete. I'm not sure how much it cost though since it goes through insurance? I hope this helps!Jessica

·
Registered
67 Posts
See, now I asked my Dr. about food allergies (just today) and he said "you would have white blood cells in your stool if you had allergies and you don't - so you don't have allergies!" Grrr -so frustrating!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am so sorry your doctor treated you that way! That is not the case, I am proof! Do you have a good PCP that could refer you to another allergist? Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
67 Posts
That was the primary care guy - I get test results from the GI on Friday. I'll see what he has to say about an allergist if the tests are negative. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, did you get your GI results last week? Does your doctor think you need to see an allergist? I hope good news comes your way soon....I'm still reacting to some foods even with taking out what they found I'm allergic to, so it might even be more food intolerances, I'll keep you posted! Take care!

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I had food sensitivity testing at a naturopath. there is a charge but at least it is in your own hands.Mark

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:I'm still reacting to some foods even with taking out what they found I'm allergic to, so it might even be more food intolerances
I'm not surprised. I suspect the results were either false positives or just irrelevant.
quote:I had food sensitivity testing at a naturopath. there is a charge but at least it is in your own hands.
I would think with a naturopath it is out of your hands.
quote:"you would have white blood cells in your stool if you had allergies and you don't - so you don't have allergies!"
Your doctor may be right, but the reasoning is probably not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts