Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,557 Posts
Hi deirpg, so glad you like this board
Welcome if you're newish (sorry to be ignorant if you're not).I eliminated foods which caused diarrhoea with my own methods. I found I had quick reactions to foods - 5 to 15 minutes, so it was pretty straightforward finding the cause & effect. Nowadays I am developing new food intolerances which are always a delayed reaction - up to 24 hours later. I know then which is the offending food because I eat a varied but constant diet - all the same foods regularly, nothing new. So if I introduce something new, it's easy to tell. You might like to start by eliminating foods which are stimulants - such as caffeine (coffee gives me terrible D, but tea and chocolate are fine thankfully), fatty and fried food, and hot spices. These can stimulate the GI tract in to spasms and D. These stimulants I think may be common ones. My other food intolerances seem to be quite particular to me - creme fraiche, soya & haricot beans and several more. I saw a herbalist who suggested some foods that I could eliminate to reduce bloating and heartburn, which was very helpful. Good luck!------------------susanIBS D/C type & M.E/CFS

· Registered
2,557 Posts
Hi deirpg, so glad you like this board
Welcome if you're newish (sorry to be ignorant if you're not).I eliminated foods which caused diarrhoea with my own methods. I found I had quick reactions to foods - 5 to 15 minutes, so it was pretty straightforward finding the cause & effect. Nowadays I am developing new food intolerances which are always a delayed reaction - up to 24 hours later. I know then which is the offending food because I eat a varied but constant diet - all the same foods regularly, nothing new. So if I introduce something new, it's easy to tell. You might like to start by eliminating foods which are stimulants - such as caffeine (coffee gives me terrible D, but tea and chocolate are fine thankfully), fatty and fried food, and hot spices. These can stimulate the GI tract in to spasms and D. These stimulants I think may be common ones. My other food intolerances seem to be quite particular to me - creme fraiche, soya & haricot beans and several more. I saw a herbalist who suggested some foods that I could eliminate to reduce bloating and heartburn, which was very helpful. Good luck!------------------susanIBS D/C type & M.E/CFS

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.