Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the effects of eating food which contains pesticides, preservatives, fungicides, hormones, antibiotics, genetically modified things and other indigestible chemicals - either singly or in multifareous combinations? :)Just wondering if this mighta been researched or even if it might contribute to dysfunction of the digestive tract.KK

·
Registered
880 Posts
I don't know anything about it, but I do remember a post here, maybe a year ago, from a woman whose IBS was gone while she lived in Italy. They don't use chemicals and pesticides the way we do, and she thought that was probably why she had no IBS over there. For me, I think that's why I can eat frozen veggies while fresh ones give me a hard time. I would think that the companies processing the begetables to be frozen probably wash them better than we do at home. Just a theory.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the links Mike - will spend some time checking them out over the weekend. [btw I *look after* kittens - I am a Kat :)]Mannie, what do u mean about not using chemicals and pesticides in Italy *the way we do* - what's diffrent?All I can think of is they use a lot of olive oil .. am I right?KKat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.