Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
Why do you think your pain is related to gas?The colon normally becomes active after eating, a reflex called the gastrocolonic response. The gut may be more sensitive to this response in IBS.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Flux, you seem to be very efficient at announcing what a thing is not; but not so forthcoming in identifying solutions. Could you use your expertise and inside information to instead of correcting errors provide us with some real SOLUTIONS on what actually DOES work and DOES provide proven relief in regard to these symptoms- can we have some inside information that we can actually USE to improve some quality of life here!!!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Ummm flux could be right in which case trying something like Buscopan or Donnatel (both are available OTC) could help if you take it before you sit down to eat. Is it all meals? I found a few months ago that I always felt sick after lunch so I went totally GF for a few months, didn't help much, then I tried a yeast free bread and now I don't have a problem post lunch! So it seems i'm intolerant to yeast. Also if it is gas you could try taking gas-x or charcoal. Hope this helps. And yes, I too get that pain after eating, it does pass and if it's really bad I take something for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.