Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of us have a food intolerance and what is it to?I'am intolerant to milk, eggs and when I cut them out this June, soya. The rules keep changing since.It seems the intolerance is to the most mass produced foods we humans eat. The high protein stuff. Has this mass production genetically modified them? Is non GM too late? 'Just a thought'

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
The only real food intolerance I seem to have is Salmon and that's only some of the time. I can't explain it. Oh, and sometimes a McDonald's cheeseburger, but not always. Nothing seems to be constant. I can eat it once and be fine, eat it again and pay for it. The fun never ends.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Yep I do. I suspect I have a histamine intolerance so no banana's, red wine, tuna, cheese etc for me (and no chockie
however being such a chockie addict I usually cave then suffer). I also can't do soy. 1/2 a cup of soy milk and I'm on the loo for hours. Oh and anything really fatty will also set me off. In the past though there have been other things that I seem to be just fine with now and vice versa.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i have just found out i'm intolerant to a lot of foods. Potatoes, milk, yeast, cheese, Beef, Onions, Oats, corn, wheat etc. I am on "the elimination diet" set by my doctor so it is very difficult trying to eat. I have to buy fresh meat from the butchers, i can't have packaged meat or anything with additives in it, basically all i can eat is, rice, fruit, vegetables, fresh meat and fresh fish.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm with the rest of these guys in that i have somethings that set me off, like ice cream and cake or orange juice, but then also one day I can eat something and be fine and the next watch out sick all day so I have a hard time eating too. I did the elimination diet too no fun, hope it helps, this is a crazy thing to have as it does not follow a pattern and changes sometimes daily. Laurie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts