Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just being morbidly curious, has anyone ever had food poisoning with IBS? I mean, that's almost a given because technically we're all being poisoned by foods we can't tolerate. I just can't see how we'd even realize that we had food poisoning unless there was nausea and vomiting as well, lol. Really not something to laugh about, but I figure we gotta find some humor in this.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Not sure if it was food poisoning or a GI virus. But I had one while the IBS was bad.The watery diarrhea 20-30 times a day was almost worth the fact for some reason it was painless and seemed to take the IBS pain away.I can tell because with the fever, chills and vomiting that kind of diarrhea is very different from the IBS that was soft to loose stools a few times a day.

·
Banned
7,295 Posts
I have had Salmonella and Campylobacter; not at the same time. I never vomited from either. Rather, I had unusually bad D and bloody D from the Campylobacter. Both required, and responded to, antibiotics.Sidenote: I developed an overgrowth of Clostridium Difficile from the antibiotics to clear up the salmonella. That was not fun.Jeff

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ooh wow, those sound bad. I guess if you were going 20 to 30 times a day and there was blood, that would kinda tip you off. Now I know what to look for, haha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts