Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What foods do you usually eat the next few days after you have a bad D attack? I've been eating saltine crackers, rice and toast for two days now. I want to start eating something else, but I'm scared I will end up with D again.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Julee,I would try the BRAT diet to start and then gradually move on to other things over the next few days.Anything with rice, corn or oats should also be good. Such as rice bubbles, rice cakes, corn flakes, corn cakes, oatmeal etc. All these kinds of foods are fairly light and easily digested.SoAnnoying Bananas Binding? I have not heard that before. I was under the impression that they were good as they contain lots of soluble fibre and are easy to digest. I could be wrong though.Take care Julee, and hope you are feeling better soon. :love:

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I know now I couldnt do the brat diet...Apple is the number one thing for me to stay away from. I think our bodies all respond to different foods..After my episodes was over I could eat almost anything but today I have to stay away from apple, coconut, mustard, sodium benzonate and some others..For me there was nothing like good old chicken soup..

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all of the responses! Yesterday I ate toast for breakfast and a light sandwich with turkey for lunch. Both of those meals agreed with my stomach. Last night I was starving! I ate some pasta with red sauce. I had very little sauce. It was okay with my stomach. I didn't eat very much and ended up eating a piece of toast after. At least I didn't end up with D! This morning I'm eating a breakfast bar which is what I usually eat. I hope my stomach gets back to normal soon!

·
Registered
515 Posts
as long as i eat things in smallll amounts i'm ok after an attack.. i also find that the greener the banana is, the better it is at helping my D.. not sure why..the riper ones seem to make trouble for me..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.