Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!I have IBS but not really D or C type. It can vary. So do I eat fresh vegetables or not am I suppose to drink milk or not. What food is good for me?thanks for any input!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The problem is some people have some problems with some foods and no two people are alike.Some people find cooked veggies better than raw, some people find dairy bothers them.As to what your body will be like it is kinda hard to guess.The main consideration in my opinion is to make sure you eat a well-balanced healthy diet. Not getting the nutrition you need won't help. So I would encourage you to eat some sort of veggies but you can cook them. Nutrionally Frozen and Fresh tend to have the most nutrition left in them. Steaming or microwaving tends ot be the best cooking methods to keep the vitamins in.One thing you can do is keep a journal of what you eat and when you have symptoms. If you almost always get symptoms in the hour after you eat anything you may be over-reacting to the stomach telling everyone else it is full. Either taking an antispasmodic before meals or eating smaller more frequent meals may help with that.Common trouble foods are starches other than rice; food with sorbitol in them (naturally peaches, pears, apples, prunes/plums and in sugarless candies and gums); and foods with raffinose in them (Beans and cabbages). High fructose corn syrup may bother some people as well.Not all people will be bothered by the above. If you have no idea how to start go to the Books Link in the blue menu bar and there are several people who have figured out what works well for them and seem to work fairly well for a number of people, although you may need to alter their diet to fit your particular needs.K.------------------I am a scientific researcher primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have no ties to the pharmaceutical industry. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The problem is some people have some problems with some foods and no two people are alike.Some people find cooked veggies better than raw, some people find dairy bothers them.As to what your body will be like it is kinda hard to guess.The main consideration in my opinion is to make sure you eat a well-balanced healthy diet. Not getting the nutrition you need won't help. So I would encourage you to eat some sort of veggies but you can cook them. Nutrionally Frozen and Fresh tend to have the most nutrition left in them. Steaming or microwaving tends ot be the best cooking methods to keep the vitamins in.One thing you can do is keep a journal of what you eat and when you have symptoms. If you almost always get symptoms in the hour after you eat anything you may be over-reacting to the stomach telling everyone else it is full. Either taking an antispasmodic before meals or eating smaller more frequent meals may help with that.Common trouble foods are starches other than rice; food with sorbitol in them (naturally peaches, pears, apples, prunes/plums and in sugarless candies and gums); and foods with raffinose in them (Beans and cabbages). High fructose corn syrup may bother some people as well.Not all people will be bothered by the above. If you have no idea how to start go to the Books Link in the blue menu bar and there are several people who have figured out what works well for them and seem to work fairly well for a number of people, although you may need to alter their diet to fit your particular needs.K.------------------I am a scientific researcher primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have no ties to the pharmaceutical industry. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.