Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get confused with what triggers my tummy and it varies. just wondering what triggers your ibs.any input helps.thanks.

G

·
My stomach can't handel any antibiotics or steroids...and some food contain these meds. i.e.chicken.turkey. I buy products that are all natural they tend to be more expensive but they seem to be easier on my stomach. Other then that it is a hit or miss game....good luck!

G

·
Milk, ice cream and fried foods - especially fried seafood is the worst for me. Also anything citrus - which is too bad because I miss my morning OJ. I know a lot of the people on the BB have kept a food diary and it seemed to help those people that had triggers that were hard to detect. Have you ever tried that? Good luck.

G

·
Believe it or not, EVERYTHING I eat gets my stomach gurgling and churning,even a sip of water. Actually most of the time it"s gurgling when I haven"t eaten anything but it gets so much worse whenever it has to "work." I must say though, when I make the mistake of having a bowl of cereal with milk which is almost never,now, I will start gurgling nonstop forever it seems and then you can actually see movement from inside. It starts thumping like there is something alive in there! Of course, this makes me completely nauseous and then I usually get the big D. Oh how I miss the good old days before IBS. By the way, this is on a daily basis since the onset of IBS several months ago. I really hope someday I will have some good days with "flare-ups" like I hear some people talking about.

G

·
when people post replies to this, will you say if you are D or C?? because food triggers for C aren't the same as D. i'm C and my big triggers are dairy and bread. i've started avoiding gluten as much as possible. the safest foods are chicken and rice for me. baked potatos are very safe also, i just don't eat the skin because my body can't handle too much fiber, it makes me more C.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Lettuce, raw veggies, battered food such as fried chicken and fish & chips, dairy, whole wheat, citrus juices, apple juice, deli meat, cherry tomatoes and beefsteak tomatoes, carbonated beverages, chinese food, and caffeinated tea if I'm not stressed. (this is an incomplete list!!!)When I'm stressed, I can't eat anything.I'm IBS D[This message has been edited by Rhetana (edited 05-16-2000).]

G

·
NO Milk, cream, yogurt (but can have cheese), thin skinned fruit, garlic, anything with skim milk powder or anything like that, no coffee.

G

·
Heavy Cream, such as cream sauces in pastas , etc. can cause some irritation. Mostly, I have somehow developed an intollerance to any and all soy products...including soybean oil,which..if you read the ingredients on ANYTHING... you are likely to find it there.So I try to stay away from eating a lot of soy and that helped alot. I can eat some....Oreos are my favorite and that yummy "cream" filling is about 70% soybean oil.
I think my IBS problems are highly related to my allergies,which are pretty severe. Always have been since I was a wee lad.But I know one thing for sure. StReSs has GOT to go...until you can get ALL of the stress down....you wont stand much of a chance. The Dr. firmly believes that stress was the MAIN trigger that reactivated my symptoms after years and years of no problems.....I have been gradually reducing my stress little by little and MAN...it is helping alot....I am really doing better.A positive outlook is a must also....if you resign to being in pain and feel there is no hope anymore....there probably wont be. Even though it isn't any fun...try to get up and function. Fight it with all you have... I took the attitude finally to fight to get my life back...and so far...I am doing well..thanks to all of you. Of course... I still don't eat like I use too..but hey......why would I want to anyway ?
soybeans baby...my enemy.... possibly not yours...but mine...

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm type D.No red meats. I eat mostly chicken and not fried. I too can't have citrus...I miss oj too. No dairy. But I can eat yogurt. I also have problems with alot/most veggies. Salads...I love them but they don't always love me. Sometimes I can eat a very small one, which I do only at home, and be ok. Other times I'm running and paying for it big time. I eat lots of rice.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Almost everything. I am type D, so any kind of fatty foods, especially fast food.. the grease leaves me sick for at least 3 days. Salads, meat, and anything 'heavy' like Itallian (which I love and miss
) I pretty much stick to dry foods, like bread and rice. A light soup is okay for me too. And of course it all depends on the person.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts