Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I never had a problem with rice, oats, potatoes, most veggies, the full variety of soy products, and was able to substitute spelt for the more problematic wheat, and rice and corn pasta instead of the durham. Chicken and fish were good protein (and better for the heart). Fruit was okay as long as I limited tomatoes and citrics because of their acid content. Fortunately, lettuce also didn't particularly bother me, so salads were good. It was living without spices that was the greatest loss.Of course, this only lessened the problem until I finally found my treatment, it certainly didn't leave me without my daily disasters.Mark

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am doing the elimination diet from the IBS For Dummies book. It is very challenging!I am eating rice and plain rice cakes, that is not causing any problems. I found some rice crackers at the health food store and they taste fine.I also eat nuts and some nut butters, like almond butter. I am fortunate in that those do not create any problems for me either.I eat a lot of vegetables. I eat some raw vegetables but only a small amount at a time.I cannot tolerate soy. If you can, there's a lot of stuff made with soy now, like cheese, etc.Eliminating all these foods is very difficult! I wish I had better suggestions on what to eat.Stokes

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
Ah food! it used to be my 1st love (id eat anything) not so now, anyway as tess said replace dairy with soya, a lot of peeps think oh no not soya it tastes horrible, i changed to soya some time ago and its not as bad as peeps say.. good luck

·
Registered
108 Posts
Almond mild is great, especially Chocolate It tastes like the real thing I put it in my tea, coffee (I have some on weekends) and cereal (bran mostly.I really enjoy it. I get it at Whole foods and Trader JoesKarenIt almost tastes like an indulgence

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Everyone is different so you have to find out what your trigger foods are. I know chocolate is a big NO NO for me. I get migraines Big time.fruits & sugar give me gas. I eat fish, rice and green beans. chocolate coated of course.
NOT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.