Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suffer from IBS-C and take manevac granules twice a day (if I miss one dose then I am blocked up for 3/4 days) can anyone suggest what foods I should eat to help with my C.Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,922 Posts
Hi Kirsty:I eat a lot of fruits, vegetables and whole grain foods. Try to stay away from white flour products as they do not contain as much fiber as whole grains do.When you increase your fiber, make sure you do it slowly and also make sure you drink lots of water. If you increase your fiber too fast you may get bloated or gassy until your body adjusts.Beans and legumes are good. I find, though, that I have to keep them down to 1/2 cup per serving or I get too gassy, but they may not bother you.I hope this helps.
JeanG
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, what are manevac granules? And it looks like you are happy with them. I'm looking for help with C too. thanks
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi there. Manevac (I call this manual evacuation) is what I think you in the States call Perdium or Peredium (not sure about the spelling). I live in the Uk and ordered Manevac after reading about perdiem on the BB as it fitted the description (look like small brown sugar coated granules to be placed on the tongue and swallowed whole with a glass of water and more). However, the pharmacy told me not to take it every day as it contained Senna (main ingredient isphalga for bulk) although I have read on the BB that people are taking it every day. I think I will throw caution to the wind and do the same because I am fed up to the back teeth with this constipation!>------------------SD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,730 Posts
I have read some of the reent postings on this Board with a great feeling of syympathy. While the following will be met with skepticism, if you take time to read it and contact me you will find the conventional arcane "wisdom" about IBS has become archaic as of this date. The cause of Irritable or "Reactive" Bowel Syndrome IS now known, and a new technology to deal with it has just been patented by the US patent office (patent issues on 6/27/00). This problem has been studied closely for years by immunologists, clinicians and dieticians who KNOW food and additives from the immunologic view. IBS has been found to be linked to distinct, complex DELAYED-hypersensitivity responses of the immune system to foods and food additives (colorings, chemicals, emulsifiers, etc.). This is different from "food allergies", which are of short-onset (minutes to a few hours) and which are easily detected with current methods of food logs, skin testing, oral challenges, etc. BUT even these efforts still do not resolve the problem do they? IBS sufferers (like myself of 30 years past) exhibit abnormal immune reactions to specific foods or additives that are DIFFERENT in each of us. THAT is why over 70% of IBS sufferers respond to "stoneage diets" with improvement. These broad elimination diets remove so many foods that many of the causative foods or additives are removed by simple arithmetical probability. But not ALL for everybody, hence the 30% that do not respond. I have been affiliated for seven years with a group of immunologists, doctors and dieticians who have invented and now patented a new Blood Test (technical name MRT, or "Mediator Release Test") that is based on a wholly new way of analyzing blood. The test pinpoints the occurance of delayed-immune reactions and exactly which foods or additives are triggering them in each individual. These specific foods or additives are removed COMPLETELY from the diet in a specific way by a doctor or a dietician who knows the protocols, and who trains the patient in how to FIND AND REMOVE all the hidden antigens, AND how to rotate foods so no NEW reactions are brought on. The CAUSE (the foods and additives which trigger your immune system to react abnormally) is eliminated so the symptoms do not occur. The digestive tract is simply reacting as if it has been "invaded" and creates a hostile internal environment. It manifests itself differently in each individual, but the general patterns of symptomology are known to all of us sufferers. The longer and more carefully you stick to this new test-based protocol the better the symptoms get, the less drugs of all types are needed, the calmer you become (don't you hate it when people who never had it tell you it's your nerves? your stress? Talk abouth the chicken-and-egg phenomenon!). The IBS cycle can be broken. I know. I was an extreme IBS sufferer who joined this research and clinical trial group due to my healthcare background and understanding of the lifestyle of the IBS victim. I developed the patient-interface portion, between the blood testing, the dieticians, and the doctors from OUR side. This Test and Eating Plan will now be available, since the patent is issuing, outside of the immediate area where it was developed in Florida. That is the only place it has been available until now...South Florida doctors affiliated with the research lab. The whole "protocol" is called L.E.A.P. for Lifestyle, Eating and Performance. It is also helpful for other problems that these immune reactions to foods can cause (hyperactivity in children, migraine, aggravation of inflammatory bowel disease, joint and muscle pain, etc.). This is not a joke nor a trick. The first clinical report of the clinical outcomes of 87 IBS patients undergoing LEAP Testing and dietary management was just distributed at the meeting of the American College for the Advancement of Medicine (ACAM). I will send the article to anyone interested by e-mail or snail mail. YOU decide for yourself. If you are a sufferer of these chronic functional digestive problems and would like to read the summary of the dramatic results of LEAP Testing on these IBS patients please feel free to send me a message at my e-mail and I will send it to you within 24 hours. I will also tell you where you can get access to the LEAP Testing and Eating Plan through a doctor or dietician or how to link to them over the web if you want. Anyone can now be tested and know what their specific personal foods and additives are. Then it is up to you if you are ready to be free of this burden. Unfortunately, food logs will NEVER get to the bottom of it completely because the reactions can be DELAYED up to 3 days from ingestion, and can also be both DOSE-dependent and COMBINANT-dependent! The testing identifies these as well. This is why 30 years of food-log keeping, fiber eating, spasmolytic drug therapy, and even Xanax did not relieve me. I am pleased to state that I have gone from gastrointestinal cripple to now having been free of the gastroenterologist for 4 years. No, you cannot cure it. Your abnormally reactive bowel remains ready to strike. BUT You CAN STOP it. Period.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Diggin,I also live in the UK and suffer with C, and am looking for an alternative to Duclolax.Would Manevac be any different?Also, did you begin taking the food enzyme?I took for one week and found it did help with my digestion particularly of trigger foods, but not with the C.Many thanks,Carol
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top