Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for welcoming me. I wanted to get the forums opinion of good foods and bad foods. Also any experience with good diets are welcome...I personally have a hard time with:1.Dairy(never again)2.Salty foods3. tomatoie kinds of foods(Ketchup)4. Citus kind of foods5. Pan fried meats(in oil)6. hot dogs(Relish)7. Onion Rings8. PeanutsGood foods:1. boiled vegetables2. broiled chicken3. white ricereally could use suggestions on what is good to eat...without triggering a gastrocolic reflex.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hi there. For a bit of variety turkey breast is also good instead of chicken, cranberry sauce if you can handle it, pasta is fine for most, or I quite enjoy rice pasta which is just pasta shapes made from rice. Are you okay with wheat? Cous cous is pretty yummy so long as you don't overload it with butter, but you can add some herbs to give it some flavour
I mostly enjoy my steamed veges though. I'd have to say that going from a kid who hated veges I think most days now I'm almost vegetarian except for a little chicken here and there for protein.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I love grilled chicken... sometimes I'll spruce it up w/ a little, and I mean a little honey mustard sauce.Also the occasional bbq sauce, although I stay away from them as much as I can.Cooking the chicken w/ lemon is kind of a nice change.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for sharing your exerience. It really helps me in my daily search to well living...Like most, I felt extremely isolated with my IBS and very very disappointed with western doctors treatment for IBS..I realize from trail and fire that diet is very important to keeping the seas quite.I still am confused on whole wheats....like I know complex carbos are bad...Is white bread and white rice a whole wheat?(sorry if that is a really dumb question)Right now, I am trying to eat very bland foods..I had white rice and broiled salmon last night...I wasn't sure how the fish would re-act to my stomoch but I had a BIO K yogurt for desert and feel ok today.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i prefer food which les oil ,and not roasted.the amount is small.after all,sometime i can eat those food make me bloating before this, i feel less gassy.seem like my bowel is stronger if i eat those food.what i mean is dun always eat those food effect ur bowel, but when u want to celebrate anything u can eat them as a reward for urself

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
my tum is in total turmoil tonight, mum was here with my 14 yr old niece and all we did was pig out, ice-cream, choc, cakes, you name it, we ate it...yes i know self-inflicted but one things for sure, it was worth it

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
White wheat is not whole wheat. EG white bread and pasta is made from white refined wheat flour which means the outer bran hull has been removed. Wholemeal flour on the other hand like in wholemeal bread still has the hull so it is whole wheat as are weet bix, vita brits, wheaties etc. Hope this helps. If it's white it's not wholemeal

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.