Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
I think it differs from person to person. I have been a vegetarian since 1977 and have found that helps. I recently began to follow a macrobiotic diet and again, more improvement. I sometimes drink apple juice, but when I do, I dilute it...half juice, half water. I eat a lot of grains, veggies, and greens, but in a macro diet everything is cooked, nothing is raw. Except maybe in summer, some salad greens. I have stopped all dairy and eat no sugar except brown rice syrup which comes from rice.Start to keep a diary and that way you may be able to determine what causes you problems and what doesn't. Good luck in your quest.

G

·
Well...one thing we can agree on is that it varys from person to person... I became a vegetarian in the begining of 1999. In September of the same year, I developed an intolerance to Soybeans.... something that never bothered me before.I use to eat anything with soybean product in it...as most all of us do, just read the lables...its infested into everything.Soybeans trigger my attacks 100% of the time.....even experimented with it to be sure..... so I am no longer a vegetarian...so it varies from person to person.keep a food log or a food diary......write down EVERYTHING you eat each day for a few weeks......write down when you have attacks, and start comparing your data....you will begin to see a pattern....start eliminating certian foods....and you will probably find that certain ones are triggering it....of course...this isn't always the case... our bodies work in strange ways.I seem to be more of the M catagory with IBS.... hehehe... the MUSH catagory... I'm usually in between D and C..... then if it gets bad..its D....ah well.....'nough talk of poop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.