Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,just wondering....taking a survey of some sort...how does everyone do with the following:1. proteins-meat, fish, etc...2. carbohydrates-pasta, fruit, bread, etc.i'd be interested in knowing.....thanks,mg------------------

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi mg:I'm very lucky that most foods do not bother me. If I overdo something, though, like eating a huge piece of fatty meat, I will get D. Generally, though, I tolerate most foods very well, as long as it's in moderation.JeanG

·
Registered
8 Posts
it's hard for me to tell what foods bother me and what don't because often it seems completely random. though i can definitely feel the negative effects of fatty food, and coffee esp.. what's the deal w/ apples and fruit in general? i can't tell if they're causing me a problem or if it's just random. i'd love to hear. - mb

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hello there,Pasta and meats are fine by me.My trouble foods seem to be dairy (particularly straight milk), if I took a lot of fruit, gassy vegatbles (broccoli, cauliflower), greasy foods (example, onion rings, bacon), and the worst is my alltime favorite food APPLES....Then again the worst would have to be a combination of some of the above, for example, a greasy piece of cheese and broccoli pizza would just about do me in.Good luck to you.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
There are times I can tolerate it, but usually beef (even the 98% lean) bothers me if it is fried, grilled, baked or broiled. Roasted meat and poultry is very easy on my system. I consume too many carbohydrates to know if they bother my IBS, and I don't intend to cut down on them. However, pasta makes me very gassy if I don't take Beano with it.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have c with bloating. I avoid pasta and rice, gassy veg (broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage) corn. In general carbohydrates seem to be a problem, but I still eat some bread as it is less troublesome than pasta or rice. I happen to really love pasta and rice, which is a bummer. Dairy is fine, fat is fine. I am also a vegeterian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for your replies....,,i don't know what to eat anymore...pasta/rice is definitely out...fruit....only when it's cooked...i loved apples...but that's the only fruit i eat now...only cooked and very infrequently....

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi MG,Have you tried any of the non-wheat pastas like quinoa? There are others, but my brain is dead right now. If you check in a natural foods store, or a health food store, they would have a large variety. The same goes for breads.Do you have a hard time with all meat and fish? Is it the fatty meat you have trouble with? As for different fruits and veggies, again if you try a place like an organic market, or even a farmers market that sells exotic type fruits and veggies, maybe you can try something different?Hmm. I guess I'm not being much help here. But hopefully this will give you some ideas.JeanG[This message has been edited by JeanG (edited 06-27-2000).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.