Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found after a while had reactions to all ADs so had to keep changing them as they upset my IBS more GP has now changed me to Lyrica to help with pain so far it seems to b working long may it last. Put this on just 2 let Diana63 and any 1 else who has Fibro that it is the first drug 2 b approved by the medical people 4 Fibro.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Fibromyalgia

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let me know how u get along might help u never know. Am visiting Scotland next week 4 a break at Combat Stress with hubby he has PTSD as his carer LOL I have GAD so we care 4 each other dont know whos worse at times me or him oh well things can only get better.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I tried Lyrica and it worked wonders on my chronic pain. I unfortunately had to stop it because I was one of the unlucky ones that the warning label warns you about, I experienced extreme depression while on it. I also had the same reaction to Neurontin(a similar drug, the "older version" of lyrica). So be careful when taking it and make sure you watch out for any signs of severe depression/suicidal thoughts. It definitely is a wonderful drug. It almost completely helped my pain. I would wake up with no pain in the morning, when normally I ached all over, felt tired and run down. I just wish was able to keep taking it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks degrassi will keep an eye on that also recommended for GAD which i have, but if it is my gall bladder and they can sort it out i will defo come off them dont really like tabs at all if i can avoid them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.