Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
I started it about a week ago. It is wonderful! It does constipate me (I am normally D) if I take 2 tablets a day so I am currently working on figuring out the correct dosage for me. What I love is that it took the urgency away for me! I will post more when I have it all figured out - that's why I haven't said anything yet. One thing I have learned here: we each have our own solution! I have tried the other things people post about and not been successful. Others have tried Fiber Choice and not had it work. Good luck to you!JoanieMama[This message has been edited by JoanieMama (edited 09-07-2000).]

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
My fiber choice is finely ground flax mixed with heart healthy oils for C. It has worked better than the OTC fibers for me. What's your choice and for what problem ShyOne, and how is it working for you? Sorry, I am forgetful when it comes to past posts, so forgive me if I don't recall.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I tried the Fiber choice, and for the first few weeks had a few rock-like BM's but then just returned to normal. Almost like it made me more C. The suggestion f it seemed to just drop off the board. I wonder if anyone had any success with it. I might give it a try again, but I seem to have more help with the liquid metamucil (YUK)lala

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was refering to the product"fiber choice",seems people started using it some time ago and then I stopped hearing the results they were having.I want to add a fiber product to my diet but I haven't had great results with the metamucil,but I thank you for your reply.I'm glad its working for some,I might just give it a try myself.------------------ShyOne (D-type)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I take 1 tablet daily at lunch.Then I also take 600mg of calcium and I am on Questran.The thing I like is my gastro told me to take the extra fiber anyway so the Questran did'nt constipate me real bad and it keeps things formed and regular and I think it helps alot!I was IBS-D but am normal now!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad to hear its worknig for you,I guess like anything else I just have to try it for myself.The questrian I was taking years ago,but that did nothing but make me much worse,I had "D" after every meal,it was awful,but like I always say every body is different,thanks for your reply.------------------ShyOne (D-type)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Are you doing the Calcium that many people have had success with?Try it! It helps me.See all the posts by LNAPE on Calcium 101 etc,.....And try the fiber too. It does bind. I had my doctor tell me once to take Metamucil or this Fiber Choice with not much water and it would work kind of like Kaopectate. I hope you find what helps you soon!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Shyone, Fiber Choice has been a life saver for me!!!! I'm IBS-D. Got so bad at one point that I was in the bathroom 10-15 times a day! I was afraid to go anywhere.Have been taking two tabs a day for two months now. This is the first time in years that I am "regular" (whatever that is!!!!!)Don't forget to drink lots of water when you're taking it!!!! Good Luck! Maria

1 - 10 of 10 Posts