Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious about pure psyllium. How is it taken? Does it taste good???????? (This is a biggie to me.)I take Citrucel and like the taste. I read your post (JohnR) about Citrucel not being good in the long term. Why is that?Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
370 Posts
GOOD MORNING J.M. Pure psyllium comes in tablets as well as bulk that you mix in juice or water. It does come in different flavors like cranberry raspberry etc..Start off by taking 1/4 tspn. (Some people have shown a sensitivity to psyllium but it's in the low percent range) then gradually work your way up according to the directions on the container. I take 2 heaping tspn's a day.In regards to the citricul, I don't have the ingredient in front of me, but I do remember that there's a bit too much sugar & other active ingredients which by standards according to nutritionists can winde up causing irratation. One is my sister who is studying nutrition science ### Cal State University in Northridge, California. Hope that helps.P.S. Pardon my spelling it's brutal..Uuggghh[This message has been edited by JohnR (edited 07-15-2000).]

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I have taken psyllium husk capsules; at one point up to 12 a day. Four 3 x a day. I remember I had to work up to level and I believe my Dr. at that time was having me do a colon cleanse. That was back in the days when I had no control over my IBS. I remember in the beginning I could not tolerate even taking 2 capsules a day and within a month or so I was to 12 a day. I have always heard that psyllium is a good fiber but not everyone can tolerate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts