Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
840 Posts
Another lactose intolerant thread!!My mother and sister are lactose intolerant, to what point exactly I don't know. For many years I felt bloated,gassy, pain and didn't make the connection that it may be because of lactose.My husband one day said why don't you stop dairy for a week and see how you do after. I tried it and the gas, pain etc. went away. I love dairy products so for me it was difficult but I stuck to it and the next day my symptoms had dissapeared. I still have ibs, get contractions in intestines when I'm stressed ect. still C I do take metamucil every day but can go for weeks now without pain,gas, as before I had extreme pain,bloating ect.constantly. I am half american indian so maybe that has something to do with it. My mother is pure Indian. I don't care if it is because of lactose or not, I'll I care about is that I am so much better when I avoid it.

· Registered
840 Posts
Another lactose intolerant thread!!My mother and sister are lactose intolerant, to what point exactly I don't know. For many years I felt bloated,gassy, pain and didn't make the connection that it may be because of lactose.My husband one day said why don't you stop dairy for a week and see how you do after. I tried it and the gas, pain etc. went away. I love dairy products so for me it was difficult but I stuck to it and the next day my symptoms had dissapeared. I still have ibs, get contractions in intestines when I'm stressed ect. still C I do take metamucil every day but can go for weeks now without pain,gas, as before I had extreme pain,bloating ect.constantly. I am half american indian so maybe that has something to do with it. My mother is pure Indian. I don't care if it is because of lactose or not, I'll I care about is that I am so much better when I avoid it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.