Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,327 Posts
I've never classified myself as lactose intolerant, since my primary reaction to it is nausea. I have never had any "pure" milk since I was two, although I did eat a lot of ice cream and cheese when I was younger. I never have liked milk or anything "milky" tasting, especially in a liquid or water-based form. (It might as well be "milk of magnesia") It just makes me gag!

· Registered
1,327 Posts
I've never classified myself as lactose intolerant, since my primary reaction to it is nausea. I have never had any "pure" milk since I was two, although I did eat a lot of ice cream and cheese when I was younger. I never have liked milk or anything "milky" tasting, especially in a liquid or water-based form. (It might as well be "milk of magnesia") It just makes me gag!

· Registered
1,327 Posts
I decided to test myself again and ate 1/2 cup of full fat vanilla ice cream last night. I was shocked to find that it did not make me more C and did not add to my colon problems! There was a small amount of temporary nausea which I probabl would have had anyway.As far as humans being "designed" to consume dairy; that's ridiculous! We eat a LOT of foods that other animals in nature do not. There is no food that should not be eaten by any human being. However, some people will have reactions to some foods or types of food; this cannot be applied to everyone though.

· Registered
1,327 Posts
I decided to test myself again and ate 1/2 cup of full fat vanilla ice cream last night. I was shocked to find that it did not make me more C and did not add to my colon problems! There was a small amount of temporary nausea which I probabl would have had anyway.As far as humans being "designed" to consume dairy; that's ridiculous! We eat a LOT of foods that other animals in nature do not. There is no food that should not be eaten by any human being. However, some people will have reactions to some foods or types of food; this cannot be applied to everyone though.

· Registered
1,327 Posts
I've also managed to devise a scrumptious hot chocolate without milk. Since I am trying to increase calories, I add glucose polymers to cocoa powder and hot water. Also called maltodextrin, glucose polymers is pretty much the same thing as "less sweet" sugar. I would guess it is about 1/10 to 1/4 as sweet. I can dissolve 3.5 oz. in a cup of very hot water. It may thicken up just a tad. Then I add a couple tablespoons of cocoa. It offers no nutrition besides 400 calories from carbohydrates but tastes great and helps for weight gain. The same thing works well for hot tea!

· Registered
1,327 Posts
I've also managed to devise a scrumptious hot chocolate without milk. Since I am trying to increase calories, I add glucose polymers to cocoa powder and hot water. Also called maltodextrin, glucose polymers is pretty much the same thing as "less sweet" sugar. I would guess it is about 1/10 to 1/4 as sweet. I can dissolve 3.5 oz. in a cup of very hot water. It may thicken up just a tad. Then I add a couple tablespoons of cocoa. It offers no nutrition besides 400 calories from carbohydrates but tastes great and helps for weight gain. The same thing works well for hot tea!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.