Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Geez, Peke - I'm sorry I haven't seen this post until now! I tried the calcium carbonate, and yes, it worked! I was taking only one a day, so I started taking two a day about 2 days before my period was expected. Well, my period was 2 days late, but whatever......it still worked! My bowels were a little loose, but no D, so I'll be doing this every month now. Both calcium carbonate and calcium citrate have worked for me - my biggest problem is remembering to take it, that's all. Good luck, dear - I hope you find success with this too!------------------"We can't become what we need to be by remaining what we are."-----Oprah WinfreyMissycat

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
You're more than welcome, Peke - I'm just so glad you found something to make Mondays less Monday-like!!
------------------"We can't become what we need to be by remaining what we are."-----Oprah WinfreyMissycat

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Well, gals, I remember reading somewhere that you shouldn't take both calcium carbonate and calcium citrate - that it's better to be consistent with one or the other - but I can't remember where I saw that. To tell you the truth, I think part of my success is that I'm taking both - mostly just when I remember. I have calcium citrate tablets in my desk drawer at work and lots of both at home, so it sort of depends on where I am when I remember.------------------"We can't become what we need to be by remaining what we are."-----Oprah WinfreyMissycat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.