Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Rose,I was wondering if you ever tried the flower essences, especially Rescue Remedy. There is a very interesting article in the new issue of the magazine Alternative Medicine on this subject. If you've never seen it, they carry it in bookstores like Borders. If you tried any of them, I'd like to hear what you think. It's a good article if you can get a hold of it.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Hi Altphyl,I have the Rescue Remedy. Every afternoon at work, I put 4 drops in a glass of water and sip it like the directions say. It helps to calm me a bit, but I have also just started taking St. Johns Wort in the mornings, which helps a lot. I only take one, but it definitely takes the edge off. I read where you are still have good results with the bread. Are you still taking Miralax or anything else with it? I have tried the bread for about a week, but it gave me bad gas pains so I stopped taking it, but I am happy to hear it is working for you. I will try to find the article you mentioned, thanks.[This message has been edited by Rose (edited 11-05-2000).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rose,I'm glad to hear that you are getting some help with Rescue Remedy and SJW. I take SJW morning and evening and find it works better for me than once a day. Yes, I'm still using Miralax. I tried to stop when the bread started working so well, but the hardness problem came back, so I went back to it. As you know, it didn't do much except soften, so the bread has really been a miracle. I go every day now which I can't ever remember happening. Are you sure it's the bread that caused the gas? Because I haven't had any from it. I'm just hoping it doesn't stop working the way everything else has in the past, but it's been a while now and it's still working. It's really hard to believe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Altphyl and Rose!!Altphyl, how many slices of bread do you eat each day?? I have tried it, and I never had really great results, but I keep eating it. I figure it can't hurt. I just ran out today, so I'll have to buy more. Also, what kind do you have?? I've read that the raisin works better for some people. That is really great that you are seeing some improvement with it!!!
------------------kmc (C-Type)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.