Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perdiem and Perdiem are still sold in Canada.Please read my reply to your origional post.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry, that should have said "Perdiem and Perdiem Plus"Why won't it let me edit my message anymore?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Ik, Could you please give a website in Canada that sells the perdiem in Canada? I've been trying to find an online store to buy it but am having trouble locating anyplace that sells it. Thanks for your help. Tiss

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
I don't understand how Perdiem and Perdiem plus could be available in Canada, unless some stores just have leftovers on their shelves. In which case the shelf life should be checked. Novartis told me they stopped making the product altogether. They did not say they just stopped marketing it in the US. A few weeks ago, my sister, who also uses Perdiem found a whole case of it in BJ's Wholesale Club. She bought the whole case which cost her over $400. Then a few nights ago she checked the expiration date on the cannisters and found it expires in March of 2003, so it is only good for few months. So anybody buying it, make sure you check the shelf life first.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rose, I didn't mention that in Canada it is called ProDiem and ProDiem plus. Perhaps what they told you is true and that they only stopped making PerDiem. For your sakes, I hope they're still selling it here.I'll try calling them if I can find a number.Linda

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There was no answer (lunchtime), but the the place where its manufactured (I belive) is Novartis Consumer Health Canada Inc in Mississauga, phone #(905) 812-4100.Good Luck!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Me again...I checked at the drugstore, the shelves were stocked with Prodiem and the expiry date wasn't until 2004, so I'm pretty sure they're still making it.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
JoJo you mean it is like crack in that people are 'cracking up' not being able to find it? That's about how I felt when I heard it wasn't being made anymore. The good news is that it is stil being made in Canada. I ordered Prodiem in December-2 big cans for 28.77 and they came in yesterday and it is exactly the same stuff as Perdiem. Yea! I ordered it from:www.globaldrugs.com

·
Registered
927 Posts
Perhaps someone ought to email this to the people at Novartis. Why would they stop making it. Now it is in pill form is that correct? I mean what was the point, why change a good thing? Start writing them letters.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts