Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually take the Walgreen's brand of Fibercon, but this time before I bought more, I did some pricing. The name-brand Fibercon is $14.99 for 90 capsules, and the Walgreen's is $9.99. I thought I was getting a good deal until I discovered that Wal-Mart has the same thing for $5.97! It's the same stuff in the same dosage, and LOTS cheaper.Debbie------------------ http://www.icongrp.com/~dma/homepage.html I have a photographic memory. Sometimes I just run out of film.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Aside from he price, are you users of FiberCon finding it works for you? I stopped using Metamucil because it was causing sooooo much gas. My internist suggested switching to FiberCon. However, I don't think FiberCon is doing a thing for me. I am taking two capsules three times a day. Any ideas here?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Of course, everyone is different, but I have found that I seem to do better without either Metamucil or Fibercon, as long as I continue to take the Caltrate. I don't have gas problems, but the D seems to happen more often when taking either one of these. The doctor is always pushing the stuff, but I swear it doesn't work for me. Who knows why?!

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Thanks for the info Debbie! I usually get mine at Costco, but I'll do some pricing!The fibercon works great for me (I'm a C). I tried Metamucil, Citrucil and whole wheat bran and all of those produced too much painful gas and bloating.Ty

G

·
CECE, have you tried citrucel?I take 1/2 teasoooonmixed in water daily and it helps. You might experiment with dosages and use more if necessary. The dosage i take is just a fraction of the recommended dosage.Fern

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My mom has REALLY BAD "C" (sometimes can't go for a week or two). I've been trying to get her to take Fibercon, but she was convinced that nothing would work. When I got my new batch, she decided to get some too. She's been taking two twice a day for about a week, and it has really made a difference.Debbie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.