Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone experiences more symptoms just before your menses?? I have noticed one week before my friend arrives my IBS-spasms flares up. I have also started getting those lovely hot flashes. My medicine cabinet looks like a pharmacy. Between all of the stuff I have tried for IBS and now Soy things. It is bad enough to have IBS, now having the hot flashes and feeling I need the fire department is just GREAT. I am trying the following- citracel am with a tagamet, chammoile tea. tagament pm with a caltrate plus. I add in a levbid if a feel a spasm coming. I have given up red meat, coffee, fried foods, milk. (sneak a chocolate once and a while)Anyone with IBS and HOTFLASHS would love to hear from you.ThanksKathy

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hi!I too have started the hot flashes,and am dealing with them the best way I can(I now dress in layers)I hate them most at night,its such a wierd feeling to be burning up inside,but its another fact of life to live with.I am also IBS-D and I could always tell when my friend was coming because I would start "D" episodes 2 or 3 days before(sort of my warning signal) LOLAt the moment I am being treated for a tumor and the meds keep me from getting a period for awhile,but the hot flashes started so I guess this is a beginning of a new adventure in my life.Take Care

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Kathy:I am new to this board and have found it a blessing to realize that I am not alone. I too have hot flashes right before and sometimes during my bouts with IBS. I feel like I am having an anxiety attack. I just started the new prescription Lotrinex 3 days ago and so far have felt ok. I am keeping my fingers crossed and am hoping this is a cure. I have suffered from IBS for about 6 years now and I am at my witts end. I am only 26 years old and some days, I am afraid to leave my house. Chrissy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is something weird. I am not sure what " real " hot flashes feel like, but I have heard them described and I actually get them during PMS. I am 21 years old. Sometimes there are accompanied by a violent mood swing into rage, but sometimes I just get very hot and turn red as if I am in a sauna. is that what they are like? I am taking LUVOX the SSRI now, and last month I had a lot less cramping, etc so I think that the drug may be helping. The Pill is a last resort but I would try it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow!I am so happy to have found this site! I am also 26, Hilary, and have been suffering for about 6 years now, it a relief to hear stories from others. I also experience worse pain and more (than already!) frequent trips to the bathroom during this 'special time'. First time I have known others get these unexplicable hot flashes! Anyone know why it happens? I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night dripping wet even though the room is cold!

·
Registered
675 Posts
ladies,I'm forty six and perimenopausal. I don't get the hot flashes (yet) but since I have a retroverted uterus that presses on my lower bowel anyway, the pressure increases when I am ready to menstruate, and then I really feel like I constantly have to run to the john. Telling myself that it's only that time of month does help psychologically.So if any of you ladies have retroverted uteruses, keep this in mind.love to all.mama-

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi Kathy,You're not alone!! I get hot AND cold flushes about 2 to 3 days before my friend appears. And then for the first two days i get C and then the next 2 dyas it's D and then I get what you'd call an almost normal bowel function for about 4 days, and then the IBS comes back. I don't take anything, I never have. I have put up with this since I was 13!!! Menstruation and IBS decided to both start their visits to me at the same time
Perhaps someone out there can recommend something for me to try.I usually have alternating weeks with my IBS. Once a week it usually happens. One day it'll be C and then another day it'll be D. Today I'm feeling about 75% "normal"
Bye for nowKerryLove, peace and many groovies...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts