Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
7,295 Posts
Over the next week, we will be performing a major Forum and Blog system upgrade on our website which will result in at least 1 day of downtime. We will inform our visitors and members of the date/time once it has been established.No changes are required by you for this software upgrade.The software upgrade will have a slightly different look than the current setup; however, most things will operate as usual.Some of the new features of the upgrade will be:- Fully integrated chat room including private online chats- Completely revamped Blog environment with new look- Integrated instant messaging (IM) for quick conversations with any members which are online- Integrated login, link sharing, Like and Tweets with Facebook and Twitter. For those who are not registered as members you could login with your Facebook, or Twitter account without having to register separately- Integrated logins with OpenID- Mobile skin for smart phones- iPhone app for direct forum access- Notification system when a new posting or topic has been added... and much more!We are very excited to introduce this new feature-rich upgrade to our website in order to support our thriving community. Many of the new features are only for Members. If you are not a Member, now is a great time to consider becoming one. Membership is free to everyone. Click here to register.JeffFounder & PresidentIBS Self Help and Support GroupForums screenshot:
Blogs screenshot:
Chat screenshot:
Instant Messaging (IM) screenshot:
Login screenshot:

·
Banned
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After 30 hours of updating, we have completed the upgrade.Enjoy the new layout, navigation, instant messaging, chat room and profile settings.We are still working on tweaking things and would love to hear from you if you are having any problems or just want to share your thoughts with us.Jeff

·
Community Manager
13,220 Posts
Jeff--thanks for all your hard work on this.please --is there going to be a low-fi version of the board like we had before the upgrade? i live way out in the country and believe it or not we still cannot get high speed internet out here. we keep trying but they keep telling us we're in a "dead area". it was even hard to get cell phone service out here. so i'm stuck with dial-up and this new board is really sloowwww. low-fi was wonderful---the answer to a prayer...thanks!!!! for all you've done for us!

·
Banned
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much Annie for your kind words.There is a Mobile version of the forums that can be activated with the drop down box in the lower left side at the bottom of the page. Select "IP.Board Mobile" for the lo-fi "skin".Jeff

·
Registered
131 Posts
is it possible to view all updates (from last login) posts? There was a button (View updated posts or something like this) in previous version and I could not find similar button. I see on the right recently added posts, but it shows only 5, but I want to view all.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Took me awhile to find the new equivalent of that. I was missing it until I found it.There is a "View New Content" button with the RSS symbol next to it. You can click the words "View New Content" and it give you the list of all the updated topics.It is on the top of the forum part of the page on the right across from the thing on the left that tells you which forum you are in.

·
Banned
7,295 Posts
We are new to the Reputation System as well and there isn't a lot of information from the software provider as to what it is.It appears that you can use the
and
links to add to or deduct from someone's reputation based on their postings. You are not allowed to add or deduct from your own reputation. Also, you can not use the reputation system on a Moderator nor can a Moderator add or deduct from a Member's reputation.Member reputation levels are based on the following levels:Bad -20Poor -10Neutral 0Good 10Excellent 20I suppose on some level it complements the titles that Members receive based on how many postings they make, ie: New Member, Member, Prolific Member, Very Prolific Member.Jeff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.