Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asacol is so expensive with out a plan I simply cant afford it and asking people on the board for for help I know isnt right but I am in a very bad way and dont ever ask for anything but I am in need and if anyone has it and doesnt need it or doesnt help I would like to have it once again I am not use to asking but Please if you can help email me at welty35###aol.com or send it to me at 1820 airpord road Allentown Pa 18109 thanks, Karl

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have been taking Asacol for IBS for almost three years on the advice of my doctor. I went to a new doctor who said that the Asacol was not needed and said that I could stop taking it. When I stopped, I was sick for days until I gave up and began taking it again. I don't know why it works for me along with Levsin, but I definitely feel better on it than off it. I wanted to let you know that when I was looking into Asacol this week, I found some info about a generic form of Asacol. I am not sure if it is available in the US or what the deal is but it is called Mesalamine. Just thought you might want to look into it.Kim

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have been taking Asacol for IBS for almost three years on the advice of my doctor. I went to a new doctor who said that the Asacol was not needed and said that I could stop taking it. When I stopped, I was sick for days until I gave up and began taking it again. I don't know why it works for me along with Levsin, but I definitely feel better on it than off it. I wanted to let you know that when I was looking into Asacol this week, I found some info about a generic form of Asacol. I am not sure if it is available in the US or what the deal is but it is called Mesalamine. Just thought you might want to look into it.Kim

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Karl, for your own safety and convenience, please don't put your address out here in public, you may get some unwelcome attention. Sorry I can't help with the Asacol. Are there grants from charities you can apply for to pay for your medication? Have you got the equivlanet of a citizen's advice bureau where you are that you can ask about grant-making bodies?------------------susanIBS D/C type & M.E/CFS

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Karl, for your own safety and convenience, please don't put your address out here in public, you may get some unwelcome attention. Sorry I can't help with the Asacol. Are there grants from charities you can apply for to pay for your medication? Have you got the equivlanet of a citizen's advice bureau where you are that you can ask about grant-making bodies?------------------susanIBS D/C type & M.E/CFS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.