Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 30 years, I've found something that has helped me,I don't know how long this will continue. You know the drill, my fellow IBSers, if it helps - it may not help for long. I stopped eating mayonaise which has been a staple of my diet all these years, yes I miss my sanwiches! The pain in my decending colon no longer prevents me from sleeping. I eat granola with a banana every morning for bulk and I have yogurt every day as well. The yogurt seems to be the key as I now have a BM every day! I used to think that once a week was "frequent". I'm beginning to feel almost normal. Wow - I hope this last. I did eat something that included vegetable oil and regretted it in the middle of the night with that familiar pain. So I am learning to avoid oily dishes. One more very important factor - exercise. If I am not active none of these other factors work as well. All it takes for me is a 20 minute walk, or 1 mile a day on a tredmill. It's a delicate balancing act, but worth the effort. If you can't handle milk in your granola use the yogurt in it's place. I hope this is of some value to anyone reading this. Good luck.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.