Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,first of all i don't understand why all the fibers supp. make me worst.Second,i think i have constipation even if i go every day because i have a feeling of incomplete evacuation and altered motility in my lower bowel.I have buy magnesium oxide 850mg today to help the motility down there and make some rumbles also in this area.
The lack of rumbles is a sign of constipation.First i tought it was only spasms but now i think the motility is also a fact.
Test done:-short colono:normal-camera by the mouth with gastric biopsy(celiac):Normal-Glucose test(hypoglycemea,diabetes):positive to hypo-x-ray with barium:Normal-Ultra sound:Normal-Blood test and thyroid:NormalWhat to do next?The Sitz marker? :love:

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also,my stomack is ultra sensitive when it's empty.Peppermint is not a good idea because i'm already too hot down there.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also,my stomack is ultra sensitive when it's empty.Peppermint is not a good idea because i'm already too hot down there.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you think i can have another condition who can mimics my symptoms?A treatable condition,that would be cool.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you think i can have another condition who can mimics my symptoms?A treatable condition,that would be cool.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bump for advices :love:

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bump for advices :love:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Have you spoke with your doctor about all this spasman? I do realize though that most doctors who diagnose someone with IBS give them a fiber recommendation and wish them a non sympathetic "good luck" on their way out the door forever.
If you can't get help from a doctor, help yourself. Try reading some books from doctors who have ACTUALLY had IBS/IBD or who have had a love one who suffered from it, they are usually going to be more sympathetic to our situation than those who haven't had to endure this terrible curse themselves.
Supplements have done wonders for me spasman.
Have your tried any "alternative" medicine therapies?
I put alternative in quotes not because I don't believe in it, but because anything that is not made by a giant pharmacutical company and given the good graces of the FDA these days is considered voodoo.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Have you spoke with your doctor about all this spasman? I do realize though that most doctors who diagnose someone with IBS give them a fiber recommendation and wish them a non sympathetic "good luck" on their way out the door forever.
If you can't get help from a doctor, help yourself. Try reading some books from doctors who have ACTUALLY had IBS/IBD or who have had a love one who suffered from it, they are usually going to be more sympathetic to our situation than those who haven't had to endure this terrible curse themselves.
Supplements have done wonders for me spasman.
Have your tried any "alternative" medicine therapies?
I put alternative in quotes not because I don't believe in it, but because anything that is not made by a giant pharmacutical company and given the good graces of the FDA these days is considered voodoo.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guts to react :),you can see most of my "failed" products on products and web sites section.Fibers are a tumb down it's true.What is the book writen by a doctor who have IBS?The Flux winds?

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guts to react :),you can see most of my "failed" products on products and web sites section.Fibers are a tumb down it's true.What is the book writen by a doctor who have IBS?The Flux winds?

·
Registered
115 Posts
The Makers Diet was written by Jordan S. Rubin N.M.D.,Ph.D., he had/has Crohns. It is a VERY Biblical oriented book so if that isn't your thing you may not be interested in a lot of it but he makes MANY great points and offers many great suggestions.He also wrote Restoring Your Digestive Health along with another doctor, Joseph Brasco M.D., another great read in my opinion.They also list several other books from other authors/doctors on the subject of IBS/IBD and how to take care of YOURSELF when other doctors want to cut you loose or just treat you the good old fashioned way, with expensive and sometimes horrific side effect causing prescription medications.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The Makers Diet was written by Jordan S. Rubin N.M.D.,Ph.D., he had/has Crohns. It is a VERY Biblical oriented book so if that isn't your thing you may not be interested in a lot of it but he makes MANY great points and offers many great suggestions.He also wrote Restoring Your Digestive Health along with another doctor, Joseph Brasco M.D., another great read in my opinion.They also list several other books from other authors/doctors on the subject of IBS/IBD and how to take care of YOURSELF when other doctors want to cut you loose or just treat you the good old fashioned way, with expensive and sometimes horrific side effect causing prescription medications.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My G.I.'s doctors have no solution but i will think about those books.Every advices eventually help.
Yeah those with IBS understand better the situation.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My G.I.'s doctors have no solution but i will think about those books.Every advices eventually help.
Yeah those with IBS understand better the situation.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jump!

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jump!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I recently purchased the package, cookbook, tea's ect from Heather Van Vorous, "Simply Marvelous". I too thought the pepperment would be too hot. But is really isn't, it is actually cooling. I have IBS-C with gas, bloating, etc. I have only been using her procucts for a couple days. But drinking the tea's and starting on her basic diet has quieted the bloating and gas. I still have it but no where as bad as before. Before I looked 5-6 months pregnant.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I recently purchased the package, cookbook, tea's ect from Heather Van Vorous, "Simply Marvelous". I too thought the pepperment would be too hot. But is really isn't, it is actually cooling. I have IBS-C with gas, bloating, etc. I have only been using her procucts for a couple days. But drinking the tea's and starting on her basic diet has quieted the bloating and gas. I still have it but no where as bad as before. Before I looked 5-6 months pregnant.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I took a quick look at makersdiet.com yesterday and it appears that Dr. Rubin recommends a short period of carbohydrate restriction (mostly, grain carbs) to begin his program? And that his recipes are fairly high in protein and fat? Maybe his program would work for you if you have a lot of trouble with fiber. But keep it simple if you can, Spasman. We hear a lot these days about magnesium deficiency. If you haven't been supplementing magnesium up to now, then I'd give it a good trial, say a month, before launching into anything else. Let us know if you think it is helping, please? I've been thinking about magnesium a long time but always skittish about messing with minerals too much.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.