Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get rather bad frequent urination after I take my questran/cholestryamine. I already go alot as it is but after I take this med I really go alot, like say 10 times in the hour or two after I take it. I did not see this listed as a side effect. Does anyone else get this? Is there anything I can do to counteract it?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have never noticed that. I'll pay attention to that today after I take it and let you know if that happens to me. I don't know why that would occur... maybe it's what you put it in? I put mine in a smoothie I make in the blender to eliminate the grittiness.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it's weird. I take mine at night with about half a glass of water, then I'm in for many trips to the bathroom for the next few hours. I also take Imodium and I've heard maybe that can act like a diuretic, but I take that in the morning. Really curious if anyone else experiences this.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I almost forgot to answer you. After the past days of taking Cholestyramine, I observed no more urination than usual... lucky for me. It's most convenient for me to blend it in my smoothie of yogurt, silk (soy "milk"), oj, water and take it at lunchitme, but that shouldn't matter. Good luck, you certainly don't need more difficulties.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Cathy, maybe I'll try it at a different time of day, or mix with something more solid like yogurt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts