Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The question is if you have IBS-D (diarrhaie) how many times pass stools per day (Is it 2 times , 3 times or 40 times). Also what is the maximum number of times you passed stool in one day?Also did you ever had stool with regular consistency (The thick and golden color stool) any time after you are diagnosed with IBS. Do you always have liquid, floating, and not thick and tiny pieces of stool everyday?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Pretty much every combination of color and consistency is seen in IBS, floating, sinking, bubbly, rabbit pellet constipation to watery diarrhea, sometimes all in the same day.Typically IBS-D runs to the 2-5 BM's a day but can go into the double digits.The only time I've ever had anything like 40 BM's day was from really bad food poisoning.There is no color, number of BM's, size, shape, or consistency that means it can't be IBS.Well other than bloody, but that can be from anal irritation, especially if bright red. But basically as long as you don't have black tar or dark red bloody stools you don't have to spend a lot of time analyzing them or worrying about them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kathleen,.Did you know anybody who commited suicide because of IBS. I always feel like committing suicide and i feel living like this is useless. I mean really useless, logically.Do you have the same feeling?I am sure many people must have committed suicide,..

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
A lot of people with any chronic illness have depression or anxiety and some people can be suicidal. IBSers are not immune to this. Being sick tends to take an emotional toll on anyone.Please talk to your doctor about this or call a crisis line in your area.Most people do eventually find something that helps their IBS. However being depressed makes both coping with symptoms and trying to find what works a lot harder to do so people who get into a dark place tend to be sicker and stay sicker longer because it is that much harder to work things out.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thanks Kathleen,.Did you know anybody who commited suicide because of IBS. I always feel like committing suicide and i feel living like this is useless. I mean really useless, logically.Do you have the same feeling?I am sure many people must have committed suicide,..
Oh, dear! I do know what you are saying and have felt that way many, many times. When you feel that way, it is time to tell a doctor who takes your sorrow, loss, and grief over your illness VERY SERIOUSLY. Each time, I have been placed on Zyprexa which has helped me tremendously. There are probably over 100 different antidepressants. Not only will one of them help you to cope with your illness, often they help to improve the diarrhea as well. Many, many people who have illness find themselves in our situations. Group support, therapy and often medication can make a HUGE difference! Do not give up hope. I spent two years laying in bed, weak, sick and unable to sit through a stupid LIfetime movie. My life was reduced to a 14 by 19 room or the bathroom where I moved my computer, desk, phone so that I would not be alone. I felt the isolation and despair of not having doctors believe how sick I was or worse, not even being able to get to the doctor because of an accident happening in public! With great determination, I did eventually get 90 percent of my life back! You can too!!! I hope you go to your doctor today.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was kind of wondering a similar thing. I'm NEVER constipated, and what I have isn't really diarrhea. It's like thin little loops, lots of them, several times a day. I feel like I can't eat anything without having to go to the bathroom shortly after. That's not diarrhea though, right?

·
Registered
556 Posts
I average 5-6 a day. 3-4 are in the morning. I have gone days without going, or only going once. Of course that makes me obsessed with "what did I eat/do different?" And I can never find any correlation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.