Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new member. I don't suffer from constipation, but I do have frequent BM's, especially in the morning. It is normally not diaherra, although sometimes it is, or close to it. It just seems like often I may have to go 3, 4, or 5 times before noon. After I go, it seems like I feel that I know that I will have to go again because I feel there was more to come. I am better as the day progresses ususally, but not always. I even had to get up at about 3 AM this morning and go. It wasn't urgent, and for the most part it isn't usually. This has been going on for a long time, years as a matter of fact. It is very much an inconvenience, and makes it more difficult to work. In the mornings, I spend more time in the bathroom than I am spending working.If anyone experiences similar symptoms and or has any suggestions, I would very much appreciate your feedback.THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the exact same problem and I have found calcium and 2 Immodium per day helps me some although her in the past few weeks it hasn;t been helping as much . You could give that a try, you didn't say if you were taking any meds already.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I also have "morning" IBS. It has never woken me up, though, but it seems that when I am having an attack, it will start as I'm getting ready for work, when I get to work, after I eat breakfast, and so on. I never feel like I didn't completely evacuate but somehow I just know there is "more to come." For me, I think, I just pump out a lot of adrenaline in the morning for some reason--maybe because I have to be somewhere, get ready, get the kids ready, commute, etc. Thank goodness it doesn't happen every day but it happens often enough.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Jimmynow that you've found this BB...read on here...You will learn a great deal, and hopefully somethings that will help you.(one thing you will find is that we may have similar problems, but there is a lot of trial and error..what works for one may not work for you etc)There is another recent thread on Morning Madness...read that one too_One suggestion would be to try altering your eating pattern, but I don't know what other things you've tried.I think most of us on here long for that one...or even 2!!! BMS, and the elusive calm bowel that SHOULD follow.Good luckJeanne

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.