Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
No mate - you are not the only one.I get it a lot. Some days (much) worse than others.Been tested for infection and it is clear. Some times I go, and need to again 2 minutes later.The thing is, it plays on your mind. This, I have to be honest, makes it worse. Sometimes you just gotta fight the urge!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah, it happens to me, too. Are you IBS-C? Because I am, and I always figured the increase in urination was a result of extra pressure on my bladder from my colon, particularly when I'm feeling bloated. I don't notice it as much on days where I don't have other symptoms, has this been the case with you?On especially bad days I tend to drink three times my weight in Chamomile and Peppermint tea, which is probably a contributing factor as well... But, ya know.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I was D type for years, still with tendencies that way. While I now suffer more from an enlarging prostate, I can sometimes find that urinating leading to farting can occasionally end with a quick, soft bm. I recently began a course in acupuncture for a long lasting injury to my lower back and he threw in some needles for my urinary tract. It may be coincidental or acting as a placebo, but I seem to be urinating less when out on my afternoon walks.Mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have this issue as well. When my IBS is especially bad, the urination part also gets worse. I also have a burning feeling when I need to go really badly, but I was tested for infection multiple times and each was negative. Along with the abdominal pain and bloating, it's really terrible and especially bad at school (I'm in high school) because I have to ask permission to use the bathroom. Glad to know I'm not the only one though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have this issue as well. When my IBS is especially bad, the urination part also gets worse. I also have a burning feeling when I need to go really badly, but I was tested for infection multiple times and each was negative. Along with the abdominal pain and bloating, it's really terrible and especially bad at school (I'm in high school) because I have to ask permission to use the bathroom. Glad to know I'm not the only one though.
I Also get a burning feeling Doctors told me this might be due to nerve damage where the Bowel & bladders are rubbing due to the IBS It feels like cystitis but the burning is there all the time but there is no burning when i wee

·
Registered
844 Posts
Wow I didn't know if I was the only one with this problem! I definitely have to pee more than the average person. I am IBS-D. Sometimes I'm going every 1/2 hour and it's a lot!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.