Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is an excellent article on the front page of the Unversity of North Carolina's center for Funtional GI and Motility disorders, the top IBS research center on IBS on the effective use in using Hypnosis on Gastrointestinal problems, specifically IBS.I highly recommend this publication anyway and its free. You can get it online here. http://www.med.unc.edu/medicine/fgidc/mailsub.htm For everyone doing hypnosis it is a great read on the subject. For those interested and not sure why hypnosis would help IBS, I highy recommend reading it for the information on why it is effective in so many ways to treat IBS.I am gonna ask the center to put it on the website for people to view online.------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forumI work with Mike and the IBS Audio Program. www.ibshealth.com www.ibsaudioprogram.com

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A quote from it."The general conclusions from most of these studies(over fifteen years of scientific research) are that hypnosis seems to improve the symptoms of eighty percent or more of all treated patients who have well defined "classic" IBS problems, especially if they do not have complicating factors such as psychiatric disorders. The improvement is in many cases maintained at least a year after treatment. What is particularly remarkable is that this high rate of positive treatment response is seen even in studies where the participating patients all have failed to improve from regular medical care."It also goes on to talk about helping nausea, bloating,transit time, gastric secretion IBD, ulcers etc... An excellent article with a lot of informative information.------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forumI work with Mike and the IBS Audio Program. www.ibshealth.com www.ibsaudioprogram.com

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are saying it can either decrease or increase transit time.I will get them to put the article on the site if I can and they did it for me for the relaxation article that is on there, so there is a good chance.In order to get it now you have to go to the link and they will send you the Digest for free. There are a lot of articles in there, including a summary of the recent symposium that Jeff and Tim went to in Wisconsin of all the top people in IBS, where they are at with it and new research on drugs. There is also specific information on Constipation and other very valuable information on all kinds of funtional disorders as well as some on Gerd,pelvic floor D, dyspepsia and more.Tom that is a really good article on relaxation for funtional bowel disorders. The newer one on hypnosis goes in depth on the use of it in laymans terms for IBS and a host of other conditions.------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forumI work with Mike and the IBS Audio Program. www.ibshealth.com www.ibsaudioprogram.com

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Eric, I used this site to sign up "Digest!"Thanks so much for the information!------------------Take care, Forever Vikee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.