Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there, quick question!
Can ANYONE shed some light on WHY my bowel movements, when experiencing pelvic pain, look like frozen yogurt?I do not only mean the consistency, but the RIDGES on the frozen yogurt, my BMs have that too!! They are ridged!!Ive mentioned "My poo has ridges on it" and people have no idea what i am talking about.Again, the ridges look like the ridges on a pump of frozen yogurt, the consistency is soft like that as well. This only happens when I have pelvic pain.What would cause this? Are our colons naturally "ridged" and maybe my poo is being squeezed in the shape of my colon from irritation? I am anxious to find out why im having "ridged stools"... I get the abdominal pain and then the change in BM appearance and frequency happens. Has anyone seen anything like this before?PS- I have not gotten officialy diagnosed with IBS, but DR suspects it.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Can you make the little dairy queen arch at the top ? ha ha...not meaning to joke...I get the same problem and it is awful because I never feel completely done and I get the cramping too and I pretty much feel like heck for the entire day, sluggish and tired. I don't know what causes it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Welcome! I have to admit: I laughed out loud at your illustration.I honestly don't know what might be causing the ridges in your poo. My doc says that diverticula can change the texture of your poop; so can constipation. Rarely-- and I emphasize RARELY-- I think that tumors might have that effect. But if it comes and goes with pain, I doubt that that's the case with you.Of course, your doc's going to be the best source of information on this. Best of luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you make the little dairy queen arch at the top ? ha ha...not meaning to joke...I get the same problem and it is awful because I never feel completely done and I get the cramping too and I pretty much feel like heck for the entire day, sluggish and tired. I don't know what causes it.
hahaha! I wish I could!Yea, I am having an episode of this for the last few days and like you, I do not feel completely done and I have to keep going a few times a day, this same consistency w/ridges. It makes me tired and the pain sucks. Once I get some out the pain begins to subside but it just comes back and then I have to go again.I am glad im not the only one with ridges, I have not seen anyone else talking about this...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome! I have to admit: I laughed out loud at your illustration.I honestly don't know what might be causing the ridges in your poo. My doc says that diverticula can change the texture of your poop; so can constipation. Rarely-- and I emphasize RARELY-- I think that tumors might have that effect. But if it comes and goes with pain, I doubt that that's the case with you.Of course, your doc's going to be the best source of information on this. Best of luck!
Hi.. lol Its ok, I was laughing while I was posting itI did think of tumors, because when this started, I wondered why they were very skinny. But I do not believe it could be a tumor because one day it will be skinny, or ridged, or little "pellets," and the next it will be the biggest #### Ive ever taken. So unless tumors can appear and reappear by the day, it does not make sense.As far as the ridges are concerned, they are perfect ridges, on each side of the stool..just like the frozen yogurt.. im not exaggerating, it looks just like that only the ridges are not as pronounced. I really am at a loss as to what is causing this. But the pain i experience when I get the "frozen yogurt" craps is one of the worst..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.