Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just recentlty found out I am fructose intolerant. My doctor recommended that I take multi-vitamins to get necessary nutrition. My question is does anyone know fructose free vitamins? I have been taking Centrum and perhaps coincidentally, on days I take it, I get a lot of abdominal pain. Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Well there are some vitamins that can loosen the stools and lead to all that goes with that. (vitamin C and Manesium for example)They would have to list fructose on the label so you can check to see, but I'm not sure they add much in the way of sweeteners to non-chewable tablets. You may need to watch out for sugar alcohols in chewable tablets because of stool loosening.I'd try cutting the pill in half and take at different times and see if that helps.It may take buying one of those vitamin packs where they have a few different tablets and seeing which parts work for you and which don't, that may help narrow down what the problem is.Taking the pills when you eat a meal may help if you haven't tried that.K.

·
Registered
22 Posts
you might try a natural or whole food vitamin v. synthetic centrum. they are much easier to absorb. Alive from natures way is a good one. Afternoon and evenings are a good time to take them.

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
Hi I am fructose intolerant too. I was recommended Gerotol Complete, Stress Tabs High Potency and Perrigo. I don't know if these brands are still available because they were recommended in 2001.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.