Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Heather ~ I tried to meet you at SouthHill Mall in Puyallup about 6 months ago but my daughter had a really bad attack, I went the next day and bought your book "Eating for IBS". It's a GREAT book!!! My daughter in the last 8 months has been dignosed with fructose, lactose intolerance and in the past month her GI Doctor has said that shes suffering from IBS. They have ran all the test and couldn't find anything else wrong. My problem is that I also need recipes for a preteen girl. Her food options are running very slim!!!!! Please help, Lisa

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Heather ~ Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. I'm still very new to all this, like yesterday I made her a scrambled egg sandwich for her lunch but didn't even think about the egg yolks being in it. She is still lossing weight and I feel that I need to gather everything I can to read on IBS. Is it really common for people with IBS to have fructose and lactose intolerances? I plan on getting your other book "IBS The First Year", hopefully by this weekend!!! I heard on the BB that your starting a cooking show (I think that is totally AWESOME) do you know when we can look forward to that? My daughter can't seem to handle bar-b-que sauce or tomato sauce very well. Some of her favorite dishes are: Shrimp Scampi, Pizza, Pasta dishes, Fish, Lean Chicken, Burgers, Salads and some sandwiches. We have taken her off sugar and replaced it with dextrose (we found a place that sells it by the Pike Place Market) because she has a sweet tooth sometimes. She doesn't like the taste of the soy products that well (I'm still working on that on - any suggestions)? I can never thank you enough for all your help, it is truly appreciated!!!!!! Thanks, Lisa

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.