Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was diagnosed when I was 15 with IBS. Just this year it was determined that I had fructose intolerance & not IBS. I had gone to tons of doctors. My life got to the point where I did not know if I would make it to the bathroom in a public place. I am convienced that fructose was the problem. My life has improve--I no longer have to run to the bathroom UNLESS I have fructose. The problem with this is that almost everything out there contains fructose. In addition, splenda (sucralose) has replaced so many of the other sugar substitutes, which is too close to fructose. As I've removed fructose from my diet, my life has improved tremendously. The setback is that now that I have removed fructose, if I have a little bit my reaction is more immediate.

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
you might have to write to your congressman. apparently large companies like MONSANTO are genetically engineering crops so that they will contain fructose in the form of fructans.they are doing this more than likely because they want foods to taste better. plus they think they can play god with our food supply so that is what they do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.