Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Today is the first day ive had anykind of fruit juice or flavoured water, apart from hot chocolate and tea..n ive had pains...it was only pinapple juice nowt spesh, but in the two weeks with mymeals n stuff ive had water... today felt sickconstantly n slight pains (which ivenot had fora while) i dont get it hot chocolate and tea is fine but juice...= pain!?
any light on this?! im confused gettin emotionally tired of this, huntng for things that upset me n that

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Fruit juices can be difficult on IBSers if they are made from fruits that are bothersome. And sometimes you might tolerate one apple, but not 3-4 apples worth of sorbitol in one good size glass of juice.Pineapple usually isn't a fruit I see on the lists of fruits most likely to upset the GI tract, but you always get a lot more fruit when you drink juice than when you eat them raw.Usually cooked fruits are safest for IBSers and juice counts as raw.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awh ok..it was just pinapple, but it also counts for dilute drinks...as my brother is diabets we have sugar free juices too, and i find im left with more pain...ok i guess i will stick to hot drinks n water

·
Registered
722 Posts
Have you saw a Dietitian at any time Pealea?I only drink lots of water,occassionally a peppermint tea and cup of 1 Black tea a day,but at times and it happens very often,everything i eat and drink causes me severe pain,but i have to get some fluid into me.I mainly drink a lot of water each day.I would love to be able to drink some other kind of juice for a change,but i dont!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
noi havent i feelur pain too =( i think imguna stick to water tbh lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.