Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i'm new to this site so i will just bring you up to spec. I'm almost 38yrs old i am disabled with joint hypermobility syndrome (my joints dislocate) fibromyalgia and reynauds . 4 years ago drs changed my meds and put me onto co-codomol but it didnt agree with me so changed me back then i started having the problem of bloating, pains and nausea. process of elimination found that wheat was a no no for me had a coeliac test but proved negative. so cut wheat out and i was ok, about a year down the line i tried introducing wheat back in and it was fine for about 18months then last year it started back up again more blood tests and coeliac tests but again nothing i was given colpermin which worked for about a week then stopped then i was given mebeverine and some other tablet that didnt work so was referred to a consultant. i was given a colonoscopy (obviously not lying about sypmtoms because nobody would put their selves through that) but again nothing i also had a ct scan which brought up nothing either so i was given the tag of ibs and some more colpermin. things havent been too bad and to be fair the colpermin is working pretty well but it still is this bloating that is doing my head in, i follow a gluten free diet even though i am not a coeliac but i know wheat just balloons me to enormous proportions but even so it still happens. yesterday i had a homemade pizza (gluten free) but yet my trouser buttons were straining so much that i undid them and released the beast that was my stomach!!! i'm going to be going on holiday soon and i just don't know where to begin with what clothes to pack because i don't even know whether they will fit me! if anybody has any ideas i would be eternally gratefuli have also had the breath test and my lovely gp has got me a date with a dietician next week

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.