Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just needed to vent, so thanks for listening. My doctor has diagnosed me with IBS-D after several months of feeling lousy, nausea and diarrhea (although I suspect I'll have some more GI tests)I am SO TIRED of feeling bad and I just want to feel normal!!I'll have a good day or two, then BAM!..diarrhea, loose stools and stomach cramps. I keep wishing it would all just go away, but it won't. Even on my "good days", I get anxious in anticipation of my next episode. I know part of my problem is stress & anxity over this damn "syndrome". I think I'm just having touble coming to terms with this as something that I'm going to have to deal with for a long time.Thanks for listening......MC

·
Registered
222 Posts
THE FOLLOWING WORKED WONDERS FOR ME - HAVE NOT TRIED SLIPPERY ELM.Began taking combination of supplemnts on 4/28/05. - Symptoms have disappeared . No C or D, stomach gurgling,stomach pain, bloating,fatigue,irritability or sleeplessness.In addition to the program outlined below drank a gallon of Aloe Vera Juice daily for a couple of days initially.Drinking Green Tea.I have been in total misery since 1998, and suffered from fatigue - which was probably associated with IBS - from the mid -1980's. Two General Practitioner's diagnosed me with depression in the 1990's. Later diagnosed with H-Pyloria bacteria in my bloodstream. Also my Gastroenterologist aded no value subsequent to eradicating the H-Pylori bacteria. The GP's I used were totally worthless.If anyone has similiar success please shareIBS Relief – AcidophilusAloe Vera GelDGL – Licorice(Discontinued usage in early July)Began to see significant relief in the 1st weekTake twice the daily recommended amounts of, the following for two weeks. At that point reduce dosage to the recommended daily amounts. If symptoms reappear begin taking twice the recommended dosage.• Acidophilus – Promotes healthy digestion ;• DGL – LICORICE – Digestive Herb• Aloe Vera GelEstimated monthly cost is $30/$35 US.During this time period there should be no or limited consumption/usage of the following, with a diet of green or yellow vegetables and fish:• Alcohol;• Tobacco• Caffeine(including soft drinks)• Dairy Products• Sugar• Fried Foods• Red MeatAbove assumes that the Helicobacter – Pylori bacteria or other bacteria is not present in the bloodstream which could be treated with antibiotics. While the above may not work for everyone as there are no guarantees. HOPE SOMEONE WILL GIVE THIS A SHOT - WORKED FOR ME - BIG TIME.Hope this helps!!!!!Bill

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Slippery elm is good for me. I love the stuff. Like you my IBS is about 90% caused by anxiety. Have you asked your GP about meds for anxiety or depression? I've been put on an antidepressant (I've had IBS my whole life and not much has ever helped) about a month ago and have yet to experience a day of D. It's really helped things. Mind you it's taken a few to find one that's right for me. Some of them have just made me worse in the tummy but there is one that's right for everyone.I can certainly sympathise. I too am a D who for no reason at all most times would just have days where I needed to dash off to the loo. It makes me miserable.Hope you feel better soon. There's plenty of advice on these boards. Good luck and welcome

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Newbie, I hear ya. I am so very sick of being sick I can't hardley take it any more. Just when I think I am having a good day I end up having an accident. Then I have anxiety for weeks after, perinoid I am giong to have another and someone will see. I hate this damn desease. It runs and ruins my life.I take Zanax alomst every day. Some times more than once. I take lomotil to stop the D, but that to wears off.Well just know you are not alone. I wish we all would feel better and ger rid of this aweful illness. Thhere are allot of people here who know how we feel and helps to talk to some who know how we feel and go through the same thing.Try to keep your chin up.Take careKat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.