Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!Little history about myself: I have had IBS-D for 12+ years, well actually my whole life but has been worst dominating my life for the last 12 years. I have two young kids, 1 and 3 year old, and is getting very frustrating how my IBS dominates my life! It is hard to take the kids to the park, go to mommy groups and often I have to drag both kids out of their car seats to run as fast as we can into a gas station bathroom. The mornings are always the worst, but then it seems like all day I am in the bathroom going several times a day and feels like I constantly have an unsettled urge to have to go. It is not that I have diarrhea all the time, but are very urgent and frequent and when I have to go I have to go! I can go 3-4 times one day and then the next day, I pay and go 10-12 times. I have tried several things and have done had the following:Two colonoscopies (normal)Endoscopy (normal)Lactose intolerance test (normal)Fructose intolerance test (positive which I avoid)Bacterial overgrowth (normal)Celiac testing (brother has but was normalGallbladder ultrasoundsFood allergy testing (IgG and IgE)Alternative treatments I have tried:Soy and dairy free for 6 months Gluten free for 2 monthsProboticsDigestive enzymes Chiropractor Yeast overgrowth testingSo I am just frustrated! I have tried Elavil in the past with luck, but had no luck with the Levbid, Bentyl..etc I am breastfeeding so I would like to minimize the amount of medication that I take. I am currently on Lexapro for my depression and anxiety that I feel is somewhat related to the IBS.I just wish I could find something that could help, maybe I am looking too much for "an answer". Maybe I just need to accept that this is my life, although it is such a tough and hard life.Thanks

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
If you want no additional pills I would suggest getting the home hypnotherapy tapes. They can reduce symptoms for some people substantially and often for much longer than the 100 days or so you listen to the tapes. You can listen as you go to sleep at night so you don't need to even take time out of your day.If you are willing to add a dietary supplement you might check out the calcium thread. Calcium carbonate supplements are generally constipating and may help with bile binding and that can reduce diarrhea.If you are willing to add a pill, I would suggest trying Imodium 2X a day (morning and evening) start with 1 pill twice a day and you can increase from there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.