Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night just annoyed me something unreal. I left work at 2.30pm as I felt AWFUL... was stressed about the boss being angry at me leaving work AGAIN and facing the possibility of having to quit my job. When my hubbie got home he commented on me being home first and I said I left work early as I was really unwell. He just said in some kind of sarcastic voice, "Oh, it must be the weekend again".... then went to watch TV and drink beer. I sat in bed for a while and stewed on it. I was really hurt. Not even a word of sympathy all night when I was really suffering. I hate that!!!! Why does it seem sometimes that no one gives a damn??? My sister is the only one who really seems to have an interest on how I'm doing since she has 2 friends with IBS and had an experience once where her friend lost control and couldn't make it to the toilet (you know what I mean) its like, thank you you know what I'm going through. One night when I was really bad my husband asked if I wanted to go and meet some people at the pub! When I said no as I wasn't feeling 100% he seemed really peeved about it and then wouldn't go himself. So I felt like I had really let him down and felt really depressed about it. I feel like I'm letting him down, my work down, my friends down when I can't go out with them etc etc. Sorry for venting like this, but no one else understands what I'm talking about so the BB cops it!!!!!

G

·
My middle name is frustrated. Luckily I am not married. Sorry to say this but..... it is too bad that you're husband is being an insensitive jerk. Next time he picks up a stomach bug remind him "compasionately," of course that you relate to how he's feeling because you have the same symptoms regularly. Take a nice bath, make your favorite beverage, play your favorite CD and sit in your favorite room for a while with fragrant candles burning. Then go buy your self some flowers.------------------I may seem angry 'cause I amI might sound sad 'cause I amMy words may ring with joybecause I am glad,The beauty is that I AM!!!I AM!!I AM!!--- Hope

·
Registered
880 Posts
Please don't feel like you are letting people down! It is so easy for IBSers to feel that way. But it's not our fault. And if your husband or boss had IBS, they wouldn't care what you thought!I'm sorry your husband is like that. Mine gets D sometimes after a fatty meal, and so he is quite understanding. But my mom has IBS too, and my dad is a lot like your husband. I wish I had some advice for you. I hope you are feeling better soon, and good luck with the people in your life. And we are all here for you to vent!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts