Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up at 4AM, with feeling of stomach discomfort, pain, fatigued, and a general weak sick feeling.For dinner last night had oatmeal,with coconut oil h2o and honey.For lunch yesterday had lamb kabob,Felt great last night at around 11PM when I went to bed.Today has been a total disaster, being self employed have gotten absolutely nothing done. This has cost me financially, and emotionally beyond belief. Since 1999 both personal and financial decisions have been complete disaster.This is driving me to the brink of insanity.Since 1999 there has been no consistency or relief in my life.Bill

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hi Bill,I can relate. I recently quit a very good paying position to become a consultant. I wanted to be able to take a month off here and there to deal w/ myself.The last week has been full of ups/downs. I get so depressed about my conditions. I will get extreme anxiety which turns on my IBS which turns on my deep depression cycle. I might have one day or even two days of "ok" feelings.I will get awful cramps, diahrrea, anxiety chest pains, back pains, rib pain, headaches, fatigue (to the point that I can barely get out of bed in the morning). Oh, do I know how you are feeling. Just last week I was so low I began to think horrible thoughts about ending my life. Of course, that's at my lowest point. I have a therapy appointment on June 7th. I intend to get some better medications to help me deal with all my health issues.For 1 week I'd like to be calm.For 1 week I'd like to be free of negative thoughts.For 1 week I'd like to have no IBS or anxiety related pain.For 1 week I'd like to "NOT" think that the little pains I get in my ribs and back are from cancer.For 1 week I'd like to go to work and work a full 8 hours without having to run home to use the toilet.For 1 week I'd like to have minimal amounts of gas.For 1 week I'd like to be running around w/ my kids, making dinner, cleaning, and laughing.Geeze, I can't ever get 1 week. I can barely get a whole day.Chris

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Even normal people have occasional really bad GI days for various reasons, so try not to be so hard on yourself when it happens and you are an IBSer.It may just also be the IBS waxing and waning, Could be the lamb didn't agree with you (if it is something that you usually do not eat) How Greasy was it? Are you sure it was OK? (some people are really sensitive to meat that is even a little off, I've always been that way IBS or no).Sorry you are feeling so bad right now. I thought you have been better lately, so try to focus on this just being a bad spell and it will pass soon. That usually helps me recover from a flare up faster (rather than going into gloom and doom this is ruining my life mode).K.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.