Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last few hours ive got the worst case of nausea than ive had in a long time! I can barely even drink water, i dont feel as if i am going to be sick, but i feel acidy and my stomach is making gurgling and sloshy noises....How can i make it go, when i cant manage water!?

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Well I would steer clear of the orange juice for a few days if I were you. Do you have any giner capsules?? If so try getting one of those down. Slow your breathing.. and do it in through the nose and out through the mouth. That helps me sometimes.It could be just the stuff your chemist gave is working and things are on the move in there. Try NOT to panic as that will make you feel worse... so stay as calm as possible. Also, I know this sounds nuts.. but it also works for me:Use distraction... get away from thoughts of your gut and turn your thoughts to something else. Watch TV or read etc... distract yourself away from thinking about it.Hope it passes soon and you feel better.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
BTW IF (Just saying this to be absolutely safe.. ) IF this feeling doesn't pass and you end up throwing up I would give your Dr a call or go to a clinic etc. Always better to be safe than sorry. But I would think that since you are hearing noises etc that is a good sign that you are not obstructed. Again.. hope it passes or you feel better real soon.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Your bowel not opening for many days can make you feel nauseous and also might be the medicine you have taken.As BQ said if you are not feeling any better by tomorrow maybe you should speak to your GP.Hope things get better soon.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well ive been to the doctor and i have been prescribed two things; colpermin for the sever spasming and Docusate sodium for the constipation, it has helped and finally ive been!! Im relieved but the nausea has stayed, its been hanging around bad this time really cutting down what im able to eat, Im due on my period in about 10 days, nausea isnt usually a problem for me but is it possible it can begin to be one? otherwise im just trying to stay calm and eat foods that arent to aggresive or heavy...Thank you for the advice,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Been there myself, it's horrible, I feel for you
I was prescribed, omeprasole and lansoprasole later instead to try and reduce the acid. It took a few months to settle, but it finally seems to have done. Also maybe try ginger capsules, a lot of people seem to recommend them for nausea.Not sure if peppermint tea helps. It used to provide temporary relief for me when I had a brief episode of nausea, but when I had acid problems, it didn't really help me much, but might be worth a try.Hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Glad to hear you have managed to go,that would have been a relief in itself.Nausea is not a pleasant symptom,but as BQ and Judy 1984 mentioned ginger capsules worth a try,sometimes people find even a ginger biscuit might ease it and the peppermint tea is worth a try,i take that sometimes myself.You could go to Holland and Barrett and ask their advice on what to get if the other suggestions dont help,but of course i hope they do.Take care.

·
Registered
373 Posts
have you tried any anti-nausea medications?Domperidone is available over the counter at pharmacies.Others are metoclopromide, ondansotron and even the psychiatric med mirtazapine (seems to be working for me).Last year i was hospitalised 3 times with chronic nausea (a total of one month in hospital). My weight loss was severe!I dropped from my usual weight of 65kg to 55kg at one point.I now weigh 71kg! The heaviest i've ever been and i'm putting on weight by 1kg a week. No bad thing for me as i'm very slim.At this rate i'll be going from matchstick man to michelin man in 3 months!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.