Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Dear Phil,Your symptoms are exactly mine, and I cannot seem to make sense of them either, they do not seem to fit into any 'window' ibs, gerd, hernia etc just right.I have a constant, knawing, churning, bubbling, loud stomach/bowel symptoms, passing of wind etcplus burping, and discomfort over the sternum area, and cannot eat as large meals as I could without alot of pressure and discomfort in the sternum area.I have taken loads of stuff, some seems to help, colpermin and zantac seem the best, but all are just holding it down a bit, then it comes back and this has gone on without stopping for 2 months now.I am coming to the conclusion that this is an excessive gas problem, but what is causing the gas I do not know.....my doc, said i have ibs and gerd, but it does not make sense to me that i developed two illnesses at exactly the same time to the hour.If anyone has any advice for either of us I would be grateful, this is all getting me down very badly, I am worrying about this all day long. I do have a very stressful life, but don't consider myself to be stressed out most of the time, although i do have my moments!!I did used to get episodes of this before over years but only maybe twice a year, and for one day only, which i always put down to eating something i should not have, but this is just going on and on......if anyone can suggest something please help us out with this one, i have not been perscribed anti-depress tablets and would prefer not to take themsarah

· Registered
14 Posts
phil,forgot a couple of things re-reading, I also have no heartburn as such, don't have any waking in the night problems, and it seems to be relieved by eating, but then comes back a couple of hours later, it seems worse in the mornings and evenings.sarah

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.