Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone has heard of something like this. Can you have functional issues with your bowel / colon that isnt quite full blown IBS. For example. Maybe you only get cramping or symptoms in one area, extra gas, mild cramps all over, but you DONT necessarily have constipation or Diarrea all the time.For me, I am going to go be going back to my gyno too see if my issues are endo (as some symtoms do seem cycle related) after test so far seem to show no other GI issues. Doc said I dont quite fit with the IBS criteria but I still have these gastro issues but normal BMs.I am also VERY anxious. I have an anxiety issues ESPECIALLY right now trying to figure out this health issues.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Yes, there are functional GI problems (at least by the researchers even if doctors don't tend to use all the different ones) that are "less than" full blown IBS.Here is the list of all the functional GI problems. http://www.iffgd.org/site/gi-disorders/adults/functional-gi-disordersIt may be worth talking to the doctor if the anxiety is causing problems. It will make any health problem worse.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks!. Oh.. Im all over the doctors.. its so fun. And if you meant I should bring my anxiety up to them, last appointment I didnt even have a chance. He recognized my anixety and let me know he see it as a huge issue with me. I am going to start seeing a therapist this week hoping to get my anxious ridden mind under control

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hopefully the treatment for the anxiety will help. Some people are good at hiding it from the doctors and/or haven't thought to ask for help.
well, I know alot of my symtoms are anxiety but the root of my lower right pelvic pain Im afraid probably has more to it than just anxiety. GYN related I thinking (possibly endometriosis which I know can mess with your bowels). Whatever this is though seems to react and get gassy on the right side also... crampy and shoots into my lower right back.I also have been struggling with feeling just run down and sick with some nausea at times. I have been under extreme anxiety and am hoping that is all those symtoms are. (this sick feeling that is)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts